The foundation stone that has graced two former Northampton Masonic Halls has been relaid at the new Masonic Hall in Sheaf Close, Northampton.

It was first laid at the building of the Masonic Hall in Princes Street in 1889. In 1971 it was relaid in St George's Avenue.

In arctic conditions the Provincial team led by the Provincial Grand Master, RW Bro Max Bayes, relaid the stone on 23 March 2013.

(l to r) W Bros Luigi Orsi ProvGSuptWks, Ray Hemingray ProvGChaplain, Jim Boughton APGM, Jim Parker Chairman of Board of Directors of Freemasons' Hall Northampton Ltd, RW Bro Max Bayes PGM, VW Bro Wayne Williams MEGS of the Holy Royal Arch, W Bros Norman Pope APGM & Trevor Boswell ProvGSec (with the time capsule)

During the ceremony he said the stone maintained a link with the Masonic history of the Province and the new building represented the future.

Provincial Grand Secretary, WBro Trevor Boswell, buried a time capsule below the stone. The capsule contained a copy of the day's Times newspaper, coins and stamps of the realm, a book of Emulation a Craft Ritual, the current edition of the Provincial magazine (Password) and details of the Province's 2013 RMBI Festival Appeal.

Brethren from across the Province attended to celebrate the occasion. After the ceremony they toured the building and welcomed warm refreshments provided by the LAMS.

Search Site

Next Lodge Meetings

Fri Dec 15 @18:00 - 10:00PM
9796 Graham Milton
Fri Dec 15 @18:00 - 10:00PM
9344 Heritage
Go to top